I love kids for a number of reasons.
- They’re fearless. They haven’t lived long enough to know true heartbreak or ache, making them far braver than any adult counterpart.
- (An extension of one) They love recklessly and unconditionally. They’re pure spirits, yet untainted by the worries and stress most people know all too well.
- They’re hilarious. Dead sere, no one makes me laugh like my 3 year old nephew and 2 year old niece. In a word, they’re riotous.
- But most importantly, they’re honest. While they learn the difference between what is right and wrong, they still have the innate ability to give responses that both refresh and revive the soul.
And when you combine points 3 and 4, you generally have some severely comical moments. I recently received an email forward from my crazy Aunt Julie – holla AJ! – and I thought I would share it all with you. So, so funny!
1. HOW DO YOU DECIDE WHO TO MARRY?
You got to find somebody who likes the same stuff. Like, if you like sports, she should like it that you like sports, and be sure to keep the chips and dip coming. – Alan, age 10
-No person really decides before they grow up who they’re going to marry. God decides it all way before, and you get to find out later who you’re stuck with. – Mary, age 10
2. WHAT IS THE RIGHT AGE TO GET MARRIED?
-Twenty-three is the best age because you’re old and practically known the person FOREVER by then. – Camille, age 10
-Once I’m done with kindergarten, I’m gonna find me a wife. – Bert, age 6 (Who says only older men want to commit?)
-No age is good enough to get married. You gotta be a fool to get married. – Isaiah, age 6 (He must not know Bert.)
3. HOW CAN A STRANGER TELL IF TWO PEOPLE ARE MARRIED?
-You might have to guess, based on whether they seem to be yelling at the same kids. – Derrick, age 8 (Brilliant!)
4. WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR MOM AND DAD HAVE IN COMMON?
-Both don’t want any more kids. — Lori, age 8
5. WHAT DO MOST PEOPLE DO ON A DATE?
-Dates are for having fun, and people should use them to get to know each other. Even boys have something to say if you listen long enough. – Olivia, age 8
-On the first date, they just tell each other lies and that usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date. – Martin, age 10 (Seems logical enough – hehe)
6. WHEN IS IT OKAY TO KISS SOMEONE?
-When they’re rich. – Lucy, age 7 (Pam’s my favorite so far – haha!)
-The law says you have to be eighteen, so I wouldn’t want to mess with that. – Curt, age 7
-The rule goes like this: If you kiss someone, then you should marry them and have kids with them. It’s the right thing to do. – Howard, age 8 (And who said chivalry was dead? Look at Howie here… so incredibly noble!)
7. IS IT BETTER TO BE SINGLE OR MARRIED?
-It’s better for girls to be single but not for boys. Boys need someone to clean up after them. – Anita, age 9 (bless you child )
8. HOW WOULD THE WORLD BE DIFFERENT IF PEOPLE DIDN’T GET MARRIED?
-There sure would be a lot of kids to explain, wouldn’t there? – Kelvin, age 8 (Sooo cute!)
But the best answer by FAR…
9. HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?
-Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a dump truck. – Oscar, age 7 (Haha! Amazeballs!)