As a stunning and smart bride to be, I can almost guarantee that you are as prepared as you are polished. You’ve – no doubt – booked your makeup artist months in advance. You’ve bought, fit and lavished in your wonderful and drop dead DIVA gown. You’ve sat in your hairdresser’s chair about five different times just to get the wedding day ‘do down to a T. Even your STUNNA shoes are more than likely quietly nestled in the designer box in your closet… For serious, you’re a genius.
But with all these wedding day details in line; something is surely to fall by the wayside. One such area for many brides is often time (dun, dun, dun!) the Honey*swoon!
Obvs, the next natural step after being a bridal beauty is morphing into a honeymoon hottie! But if this is something that has slipped your mind, have no fear, my dears! I’m here to give 7 go-to items that will easily turn budgeting brides into vacay vixens!
1. Chic + Sleek Romper. These beauties have been one of the hottest trends for the past few years. Providing a chicer take on the one-piece revival, these mini rompers act as a dress/shorts combo that lets the body breathe in scorching temps. And the best part? It’s already a complete outfit… giving you a seriously stylish two-for-one dealio… and more moolah to accessorize! Duh!
2. Straw Fedora. As you’ve undoubtedly booked the most luxurious hot spot you could afford, why not accessorize just as lavishly? Not only will this celebrity favorite keep you shaded, cool and protected, but it will also have you looking impossibly chic. And if you think this style comes with a celeb price tag, think again, my little chick-a-dees. One of these beauties fetches for about $13 at Target!
3. Retro Sunglasses. From aviators to cat eyes and fluorescent shades in between, sunglasses are all about blasting to the past! And when you’re honey-swooning, it’s important to keep the pestering paparazzi off your back… or at the very least, have some fun pretending! Not too mention, sunglasses are a dime a dozen and cost about just as much; so, if the ocean ends up taking them, you’ll be able to keep your moody blues at bay :)
4. Boyfriend Blazer. Hellllllooo! Not only is this tailored look all the rage right now - following in the fashionable footsteps of its kin, the boyfriend jeans and the boyfriend tee -, but your new hubby probably already has one. Just raid his closet, throw it on over a cute dress, a one piece romper or even jeans and a men’s daily tee and voila! You have an instantly adorable boyfriend – I mean hubby! – blazer :)
5. All White Outfits. I know some brides might be a little sentimental at the thought of wearing all white again especially right after their big day, but trust&believe me this trend is SO in! Slip on some hot pants (what else was that bridal bootcamp for?), a wife beater, and a ridiculous amount of gold jewelry and you’ll be the hotter than the white sand beach you’re struttin’ on, sassy pants ;)
6. Flip Flops. After dancing your wedding night away in some absolutely fabulous, blister-instigating heels, your feet are going to need a serious break. Which is why some good old classic flip flops are an absolute MUST for the honey*swoon. Slip these bad boys on and it’s like you’re walking on a cloud of heavenly relief. And if you’re a girl who needs a little more sparkle, Marilyn’s Keepsakes has some fabulous rhinestone-studded flops that you can personalize for a truly fabulous touch. You gotta love us :)
7. Sunscreen. Don’t be a silly sunner! Keep yourself and your beautiful skin protected. I promise, you can still return with that fabulous honeymoon / newlywed glow — without completely damaging your most viewable asset :)