Every bride wants to have a day that is one for the memory books – both rightfully and deservedly so! Therefore, when planning your wedding day, one of the best pieces of advice to follow is deeply embedded into the wise words shown below:
People may not remember exactly what you did, or what you said, but they will always remember how you made them feel.
Same is true for your wedding day. Very few people will remember what they ate, what you wore or how the tables were decorated, but they will most definitely remember if they had a good time! In order to make your wedding day as fun as possible, try incorporating some of the below suggestions into your party planning to maximize the amusement!
1. Serve Signature Drinks and / or Brews. Whether your create an original concoction or simply provide your favorite beer, wine or spirit, it’s always fun to offer your preferred beverage to your guests. **For the budget savvy, this is also a great way to cut the open bar budget without cutting it out entirely. Below are the cards I made for my brother’s wedding this past October.
2. Create Mixed Tape Wedding Favors, a Treat for the Eyes (AND) the Ears. In lieu of the more traditional wedding favors, burn CD’s of your favorite and / or wedding songs that will accompany each guest home. Every time they pop it in, they’ll be transported back to pop-lock-n-droppin on your big day!
3. Have a (Pre)Wedding Party Field Day. While some bridal parties may all know each other, the chances of that happening are very slight. Because most are made up of a mix of friends during all points of your lives, it’d be nice for them to have an opportunity to hang prior to the wedding. So, why not invite all your bridesmaids and groomsmen out for a field day of fun, games, mixing and mingling? It’s like old school enjoyment at its finest!
4. Glorify Your Dance Floor with Glitter. Pending on where your reception is, often times, the venues will offer certain “flair fillers” to really make your reception unique to you. I recently attended a wedding where they did it, and it was absolutely divine! Think Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, except with less intimidating figures ;)
5. Provide Some Room on the RSVP for a Song Choice. I absolutely la-Louvre when brides and grooms do this! I helped my cousin (wad up, Kimmi!) plan her big day, and we were DYING over some of the right-in suggestions. Everything from ridiculous Alma Mater fight songs to ones that we had all but forgotten – very awesome!
6. Incorporate your Baby Pictures with Table Numbers. Remember your awkward years appropriately. For each table, provide an image of you and yours that corresponds with the correct number. For example, at table one, put each pick o photo from when you were one to help provide decorum. If for nothing else, they provide great conversation pieces!
7. Make ‘em Say Cheese. And you can never go wrong with a well-equipped photo booth! Whether providing a machine or a photographer run ensemble, providing a photobooth gives you instant memories you’ll easily laugh at for years!