As much of my life is consumed by weddings – whether it be planning them, participating in them or simply attending them – I don’t think I’ll ever get sick of the day’s biggest crowning jewel… The Dress! It’s the one thing I will always look forward too, and the one thing that’s presence will never be surpassed.
Heck, since of the dawn of time, people have been getting hitched and bridal dresses have been worn, but it remains the singular bridal accessory that is both static in concept and oh so dynamic in content. With all the vibrant styles, designs, assortments, creations etc., it’s no wonder why it’s a favored part among so many.
And there is no better place to immortalize the wedding dress all than the Silver Screen!
With the well anticipated release of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 coming out this Friday (yeah, I just took it there), I couldn’t help but get excited to see the wedding scene again… if for nothing else, the ka-ka-ka-KILLER Carolina Herrera wedding dress, which is tailored impeccably to dance along Kristen Stewart’s delicate figure.
The $35,000 (yes, I said $35,000) custom created gown, which took four seamstresses six months to complete, oozes with timeless bridal elegance and has a regal quality unmatched by today’s standard of competition. In a world dominated by strapless couture, it’s the kind of dress that stands out in all the right ways… and don’t even get me started on the jewel-encrusted Manolo Blahnik’s she got to rock with it! I mean hellooo!?!? Can you say dream?!
And speaking of dreams, here’s our Top 15! Feel inspired, feel encouraged or simply feel completely green with envy like me, but no matter what, you gotta pay respect to the style :)
1. Kristen Stewart in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 (2011)
2. Elizabeth Taylor in Father of the Bride (1950)
3. Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex and the City (2008)
4. Reese Witherspoon in Sweet Home Alabama (2002)
5. Audrey Hepburn in Funny Face (1957)
6. Kate Hudson & Anne Hathaway in Bride Wars (2009)
7. Claudette Colbert in It Happened One Night (1934)
8. Rachel McAdams in The Notebook (2004)
9. Jennifer Aniston in Marley and Me (2008)
10. Natalie Portman in Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones (2002)
11. Audrey Hepburn (again!) in Sabrina (1954)
12. Sasha Barrese in The Hangover (2009)
13. Keira Knightley in Love Actually (2003)
14. Amanda Seyfried in Mamma Mia! (2008)
15. Ginger Rogers in It Had to Be You (1947)
1 Comment February 7, 2012