Well, the sanctity of marriage took another blow yesterday when Kim Kardashian announced she had filed for divorce from Kris Humphries after a solid 72 days of wedded bliss, er, amiss. Shocker, I know. But all things considered, 72 days of marriage in Hollywood years is like a Silver Anniversary in regular years; so, mayhaps we should be applauding their valiant effort in holding such high esteem for the ’til death do us part vow.
Yes? No? Maybe?
And while I’m not a fan of bullying (putting others down to lift myself up) or celebrating mediocrity per say. I am a fan of celebrating in general, and in this case, I like to think of how we can turn this 72 day negative into a sublime positive. Because I truly believe behind every storm cloud, there lies a silver lining. And I’m pretty sure I found here :)
Kim K and frisky Kris had a fairytale, $20 schmillion wedding – making every day of their marriage worth a cool $277,777, whoop whoop! – but they still couldn’t make it last… And alas, this is where the upside lies…
I figure, if you’ve been married longer than 72 days, well then, you have beaten the odds and have a cause for celebration! Bust out the champagne glasses and let the toasting begin, because you and your Mister have outlasted a ‘dream come true’ ceremony and 20 million dollar marriage!! Um, can anyone else say amazeballs??
And the celebration train station doesn’t just stop there! Oh no, my friends, it keeps on going! For those of you looking for more reasons to ‘cheers!’ your love, here are some other Hollywood Wedding Whoops-a-daisies that could help you out:
- The hubs and I are vastly approaching our two year anniversary, and we can feel proud to know that our love outlasted a Hollywood great, Humphrey Bogart and his first wife Helen Menken. Their marriage ended in divorce after 17 months, as did Frank Sinatra and Mia Farrow’s.
- And if you’re marriage has gone longer than year, well then pour the wine and cut the cheese because you made it longer than joltin’ Joe DiMaggio and his iconic bride, Marilyn Monroe, who ended their marriage after only 9 months. Also in this category? Funny man favorite Jim Carrey and ex-wife, Lauren Holly, also said bu-bye before a year… ending their nuptial love fest after 10 months.
- Let the WAHOO continue if you’ve made it to even 6 months because you’ve now gone longer than a country singing mega star, an Oscar winning actor and actress and a daughter of a living legend. Kenny Chesney and Renee Zellweger, as well as Nicolas Cage and Lisa Marie Presley all said see ya before they even reached the half year mark!
- Heck, if you’ve only been married for a couple of weeks, why not raise a couple glasses in honor of the fact that you made it longer than sultry siren Carmen Electra and NBA bad boy Dennis Rodman? Their marriage ended after a staggering 10 days!
- And you know what?? Just because we all could use a little more yay in our life… go ahead and pat yourselves on the back if you’ve even been married longer than 57 hours because you made it longer than one of my all time faves, Britney Spears, and her childhood friend, Jason Alexander. They had their marriage annulled after an astounding 56 hours. Yep. Amazing.
So, you see, where one door closes, another one opens, my blog loving brides, and we all can have a reason to celebrate this day! I just hope whoever is writing the check for Kim Kardashian’s next nuptials uses a luckier pen :)
3 Comments November 1, 2011