Everyone knows the big names when it comes to wedding registries: Bed, Bath & Beyond, Bloomingdale’s, Crate & Barrel, JCPenny, Kohl’s, Macy’s, Pottery Barn, Target, etc. Of course, there are others, but I don’t have a single doubt that everyone reading this has either A) registered their wedding or B) bought for another wedding at one or more of these retail registry giants.
However, with more and more couples (Grandmothers, cover your ears!) living together and playing house before the big day, there has been a significant increase in couples looking to register elsewhere. Because they have several of the essentials perhaps already taken care of, brides and grooms are looking for less traditional ways to register… and my oh my how the selections have grown! Check below for the Top 5:
- MyRegistry.com. No need to worry about fitting the proper bridal mold of sticking to the 2-3 store registry limit. MyRegistry.com - like its slogan states – features “all stores (under) one registry.” Simply install the “Add to MyRegistry” button to your search engine tool bar and shop any store, anytime, anywhere. It’s a win / win for couples looking to expand their home into specific directions… without the burden of being specific to one store. Can anyone else say boo and yeah :)
- HatchMyHouse.com. Featured on b&g favorites like dailycandy.com and Brides, HatchMyHouse.com gives couples – looking forward to home owning – the chance to build their dream diggs with the help of their guests. After logging onto their site, couples have the opportunity to design their virtual home and giving their guests the opportunity to either donate or buy specific parts for them! Um, hello??? Love love love this! What do you buy the couple who “has everything?” What about a terrace overlooking their conveniently located lake? Purrrrrfection.
- HoneyFund.com. Already got your cabinets stocked with fine China and toasting treasures but would really like a place to honey*swoon? Well then, why not let your guests be a part of the post nuptial planning! By clicking on HoneyFund.com, soon-to-be newlyweds can register for their dream vacation and let their hair down in true, wedded bliss. I mean who needs a blender, when the margaritas are already on tap? Haha!
- IDoFoundation.org / JustGive.org. For the more charitable couple looking to do good during the “I do’s,” websites such as IDoFoundation.org and JustGive.org provide the opportunity for newlyweds to give instead of receive. Talk about generosity at its finest! Instead of registering for a bunch of appliances and dishware, why not give to a cause in need? Because if it’s truly in giving that we receive, couples registering at these locations will surely get the greatest gift of all :)
- MerciRegistry.com. Looking for something that’s totally you? Well then, peep out MerciRegistry.com and let your wedding gifts become just that. By choosing from one of their well crafted themes, brides and grooms can design, dinker and decorate their very own wedding registry website and pull in items from all over the world. Of course with greatness, there is sometimes a price, and in this case, subscriptions start at $65 :)
5 Comments May 17, 2011