Who doesn’t love the holidays? The gathering of family and friends. The music. The food. The fun. The laughter!! Not to mention the most important factor of all… the extra vacation days, hellloooo?? It truly is “the most wonderful time of the year,” which is precisely why all you brides-to-be out there should take advantage of the generosity this season has to offer and kick your wedding planning into high gear!
Indulge in all the small pleasures the holidays bring, and get your Santa on by making a list, checking it twice, and finding out what wedding stuff is naughty or nice. Below are a few examples how:
- Because the holidays create a time to gather all your loved ones in one area, you can easily get and share advice with other / former brides-to-be. Ask family and friends for their top do’s and don’ts; so, you know what to look for and what to avoid.
- If you find yourself hosting a party, take this time to test out potential caterers, florists, bakers, etc. It’s an ideal time to “try out” who will have what it takes to impress all your guests!
- Since many people vacation during holidays, get with your bridesmaids and go dress shopping. Not only will they provide an honest reaction to your wedding gown options, but you can also start to see what bridesmaids’ dress styles will work for them.
- Take time to practice wedding day hair and makeup. Whether you’re doing it yourself or getting it done, chances are it’s going to be something fancier than usual; so, what better way to show off a fabulous look than when surrounded by family and friends?
- Even benefit from bad weather. After the holiday shopping rush is over and snow is still on the ground, people tend to snuggle up and stay in. I say, “Get out!” Go exploring for interesting ceremony and reception sites, and don’t be afraid to try something new… it just might end up being your ideal location.
- On a tight budget? No problem! There are innumerable post holiday sales that you can gobble up, which will surely help you get the most bang for your buck!
- If anything, use the holiday season to get organized. If you’re sending out holiday cards, you’ll more than likely have a list or people and addresses that you’ll need for invitations. Keep this list handy and be one more step ahead of the game!
Also – if you’re brave enough – don’t forget to take advantage of all the Black Friday sales this Friday. For more information on where and when you can get the most bang for you buck, feel free to check out the following sites and gear up for your saving frenzy:
And be sure to note Marilyn’s Keepsakes HUGE Black Friday Sales Event, as well!