September 8, 2010
The wedding send-off is becoming an increasingly personalized trend with epic photographic appeal. No longer are couples settling for the typical getaway anymore – oh no! With trendy weddings flying all over the 2010 Doppler radar, it’s paramount for the send-off to stand out; so, for all you Maids of Honor and Best Men out there, this decor and more post is for you!
Here are a few of the hottest getaway trends heating up nuptial exits everywhere. Feel free to be inspired:
Riding Flirty (and yes, I took it there, hehe!) – The actual send-off vehicle itself has really taken off as a wedding statement. The typical limousine just isn’t unique enough anymore. Newlyweds these days are opting for all kinds of getaway cars, from classy to quirky. Here are a few of the faves:
- Volkswagon Vanagon. This retro rewind is fun, whimsical and charmingly nostalgic. Max up the charm with the brightest paint job you can find and send them back to the future or simply to their honeymoon suite in one of these peace sign pleasers.
- Vintage Rolls Royce. A wedding car that is quickly becoming a classic, these vehicles scream of an era full of opulence and glamour… which is totally why the Mister and I did it…. Thanks, Papa!
- Party Limo or Bus. Extravagant? Yes. Fun for the entire bridal party? Of course! These party vans are a little more playful than your standard limousine, as they invite quite a crowd to their showy interiors…and more room to decorate and let’s be real, get down!
- 1960’s Mustang. Meant for a couple who likes to let their hair down, these little speedsters are vintage sports car perfection. The redder, the better.
Trendy Transportation – After you’ve chosen the perfect getaway car, it’s time to decide how to make it even more magical. Traditional embellishments include “Just Married” written in soap or lipstick and attached tin can strings hanging from the back bumper. Trendier adornments, however, suggest more personality and flair… and who couldn’t get behind these?:
- Window Clings. The ultimate touch of personalization, custom clings display the couple’s newly minted name together, their special date, and any other details you would want to include. And beyond being a unique and thoughtful gift to the newlyweds, these decals will also serve as a memorable keepsake for years to come.
- Streamers. The beauty of the wedding theme shouldn’t stop at the reception. Garnish the getaway with streamers, rich in the wedding palette colors. This creates some more wedding eye candy, and a feeling of continuity.
- Pom Pom Strands. Another great way to incorporate color, these DIY pomanders pay homage to the romance of real flowers without the added fuss or cost.
- Flag Garland. Due to their effortless assembly and charming aesthetic, “Just Married” pendant garlands and banners are one of the more popular farewell flourishes.
- Balloons. A classic and quieter alternative to the tin cans, these bright blow-ups will float off the back of any bumper flawlessly. Customize with the bride and groom’s names for a personal touch.
Ultimately, the couple’s aisle style is what will determine the exit embellishments. Just keep in mind that many car rental companies have strict decoration policies, so you make sure to call ahead to see how much creative freedom is allowed. Everyone is sure to appreciate the trimmings, but aid the brand new twosome in enjoying the interior – with a bottle of bubbly on ice.
Filed under: Trends VS. Traditions